Connect with us

Health

Doctors sound alarm over 5-fold jump in kids swallowing magnets – Macau Business

Doctors from major hospitals in England sounded an alarm on Wednesday over a fivefold increase in the number of young children requiring medical treatment

Published

on

Doctors from major hospitals in England sounded an alarm on Wednesday over a fivefold increase in the number of young children requiring medical treatment after swallowing magnets from toys.
Nearly half of these kids aged four months and up required surgery to remove the magnets, often followed by complications, they reported in a research letter published in the Archives of Disease in Childhood, a medical journal.
From 2016 through 2020, four major hospitals in southeastern England admitted 251…

Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

You might also like ...

Article feature image
People are finding ways to get a COVID-19 vaccine before they’re eligible. Here’s where Victoria’s rules stand – ABC News
Article feature image
Researchers identify how most common breast cancer becomes resistant to treatment – Medical Xpress